Skin Needling is used to treat: fine lines and wrinkles around eyes, mouth, cheeks, neck and décolleté. Other areas of the body can be treated such as the abdomen, thighs, hands and arms. All forms of acne scars, surgical scars, stretch marks and burn contractor scars can safely be treated. The typical areas treated with micro needling are full face & body. Skin Rejuvenation and scar revision.
The results of micro-needling can go on for months after each treatment and the results are accumulative. Initial results can be seen within 10 days. The best results of one single treatment can be seen up to 3months later and the collagen will continually grow in the skin over a 90 day period.
Derma Pen and Derma Rollers are not recommended for the following skin conditions:
- Raised moles and warts
- individuals with poor circulation and/ or poor healing
- skin malignancies
- active acne
- chronic skin disorders
- sever solar keratosis
Different needle lengths are available:
- 0.2mm is for home use, no training required. This length is ideal to assist with product penetration & increased circulation. This length can be used daily. No numbing required.
- 0.5mm is for home use, no training required. This length is ideal to assist with product penetration & increased circulation, skin rejuvenation and can be used weekly. No numbing required, however a slight tingling (irritation) can be experienced.
- 1mm. Professional use only. Numbing required. Repeat monthly.
- 2mm should only be used by professionals who have micro- needling certification & advanced training.
Great for product penetration & increased circulation, skin rejuvenation, stretch marks, acne scarring, collagen stimulation & skin firming.
The Dr Pen (skin needling device) uses an automatic, high speed vibrating function with multiple needles that pierce the skin vertically with minimal pain compared to traditional Derma Roller rejuvenation. The vibration decreases the pain and increases the effectiveness making multiple insertions quickly & precisely. The skin rejuvenation treatment has great results and there appears to be much less epidermal damage than using a traditional rolling decive.
Skin needling with a Skin needle pen allows for controlled induction of the skin’s self repair mechanism by creating micro “injuries” in the skin which triggers a whole cascade of events that result in new collagen synthesis. The result is smoother, firmer and younger looking skin. A good treatment for all skin types especially people with acne scarring, enlarged pores and wrinkles. The needle only penetrates the epidermis and does not remove it thus the skin’s natural protective barrier remains intact. The pierced epidermis rapidly heals in a matter of hours. After the procedure, the treated skin has the appearance of moderate sunburn which improves over 24 to 48 hours. The treatment is therefore not only very effective but also very safe with very few to no side effects or complications.
Micro needling roller size guide:
- 0.2mm – 0.3mm Home care – no training required. No bleeding
- 0.5mm Home care and collagen induction therapy – no training required. Minimal pin point bleeding may occur.
- 1mm Collagen Induction Therapy – training & numbing required. Slight to moderate bleeding.
- 1.5mm Scar Revision on body – NB trained & certified professionals only.
When derma rolling stretch marks, a minimum of three months is required to see results. Stretch marks will not vanish completely but a huge improvement in colour and noticeability will be seen.
For hair growth stimulation 0.5mm – 1mm is recommended.